Compile font changes not taking affect

Hi,

I’ve used scrivener for many years now, however I have never compiled to an ebook before. My problem is that I am trying to change the font face type of the Project title, Chapters and Chapter titles and they will not budge. I’ve changed the text font in the format tab in compile by selecting the text and changing the font with the A button. I’ve also changed the text font on the actual title page. However when I compile everything, all the text is still in Times New Roman. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

L

Hi,

If you’re compling for e-book (epub or .mobi), then the font face is ignored - it will just use the e-reader default font. This is because the only way e-readers can show different fonts is if the e-book embeds the font. However, you as the publisher of the e-book must own a distribution licence for any fonts you embed in an e-book (you can get a lot of free fonts - but the ones on your Mac aren’t automatically free to distribute in this way) but popular fonts could cost a lot of money to license. Moreover, not all font formats can be embedded. It’s quite a thorny area, and the last thing we want is to get our users into legal trouble by embedding fonts they don’t have the rights to distribute. :slight_smile:

All the best,
Keith

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know. I thought I was doing something wrong this entire time. Its nice to know it isn’t me.

Thanks again.

L