Compile Issue - Text not Included

I’m having trouble getting Compile to work in macOS for one document, but it works fine for other documents. The same scriv file Compiles fine for me in iOS. Is there something particular I should be checking in macOS Compile settings? The thing that’s not working for this one document, and only in macOS, is that it’s not including the Text elements. I’ve dug into Format settings, and tried all the default Formats, and they’re all misbehaving in the same way.

The first thing I would check is whether that particular document has a different Section Type from the others. If that’s the case, it would account for the different behaviour, because this document probably won’t be getting the same Section Layout as the others, including whether text is included or not.

The easiest way to check that is to bring up the compile document, and in the very first dialogue, look at the listing on the right, which shows the documents that are about to be compiled, and their section type.

If the offending document has a different Section Type from the others, then change it using the drop down list, and then compile to see what happens.

That’s only a temporary fix, but if that works, then back in the Binder, right click on that document and change the Section Type permanently.

If that doesn’t work, there may be something else going on, but this is the first thing to check.

HTH.

2 Likes

That was the issue. Thanks for the help!

1 Like