I’ve been happily using Scrivener for several weeks for my novel, and have had no problems properly compiling the MS. Today, Scrivener updated itself, and compiling is now a mess. Sections where I’d checked “Page Break Before” no longer have page breaks. Chapter headings are now at the top of the page with no page padding, there is a blank page below the chapter heading, and the text of the chapter doesn’t begin until the next page. How do I fix this, or how do I return to the previous version of Scrivener, where everything worked?
What type of document are you trying to compile? Mine updated today too, but I’ve just tried compiling a Word document and that’s working fine for me.
I’m trying to compile a Word document. I’ve done it in the past and it’s worked fine.
I’m so sorry about this! I’ve been able to reproduce this issue with the page padding and the inserted page breaks, so I’m hoping Lee will be able to correct that and we can get a hotfix out quickly, but I have not been able to identify the problem with “page break before” not working. Could you provide the steps for reproducing this from a new blank project, so that we can try to get that one working as well? Alternatively, if you are willing to send a zipped copy of the project displaying the problem to windows.support AT literatureandlatte DOT com with an indication of where things aren’t working correctly, I can deconstruct that to try and find the trigger.
Until we’re able to release a fix, you can revert to the previous 1.5.3 version by downloading from here. We typically make this available from the change log, but that hasn’t yet been updated for the 1.5.5 release (everyone involved is in a different time zone, so the pieces have been rolling out over the course of the day; it should be updated soon).
Okay, I created a new blank project and entered some dummy information, with the same result. I’ll send you my project and see whether you can solve it.