Convert case to sentence case

Can we please have a convert to sentence case?

I know it’s impossible to do this perfectly, as Scrivener can’t know what else should be capitalised within a sentence, but simple capitalising the first word after a full-stop, exclamation mark or question mark would be a big improvement.

I thought this already happens ('cause it sometimes bugs me) so just fired up Scriv to try it and, yep, it already auto-capitalises after a full-stop. Which is fine, except when using abbreviations, quotations, ellipses, etc., or when wanting to bend the rules for effect. However, if convert-as-you-type is not working for you and you want to be able to convert to sentence case after you have written then you can achieve the same end by highlighting the word and selecting Format -> Convert -> To Title Case. If you do this often, you could create a keyboard shortcut for it.

Convert to upper, lower and title case exist; convert to sentence case doesn’t. It is the latter I’m requesting.

To see for yourself the problem, take a few paragraphs of text and convert to upper-case. Now try to restore it to normal sentence case. All you can do is convert to lower-case and manually go back to capitalise the sentences.

Try the free WordService from DevonTechnologies; it has an option for capitalising the initial letter of sentences and will work in Scrivener as well as other apps.

Thanks, will look at that. It’s only Scrivener I need it: Word already has it. In Word: Format -> Change case -> Sentence case.

Ditto to the above. Converting to sentence case would be an absolute dream in Scrivener.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed it’ll be made available soon. :crossed_fingers:t2:

As Per @MimeticMouton (Senior Support) in her response above:

Try the free WordService from DevonTechnologies ; it has an option for capitalising the initial letter of sentences and will work in Scrivener as well as other apps.

There are other useful things in that WordService.

:smile:

Mark