Cook-book-in-a-Day on Talking of Food

I am admin on a web site called Talking of Food , set up by my wife and a friend. It’s a sort of on-line magazine. It doesn’t focus on recipes, rather it reflects the broader picture of food and life. The site includes interviews with people, readings from books, brief extracts from other books, film clips… The range is from the serious, like expert discussions on topics like GM and antibiotics in the food chain, to the humorous, like the film clips. There are a few recipes, which all relate to other material on the site.

We loved the Cookbook-in-a-Day stories and recipes and felt that it fitted in absolutely with Talking of Food’s interests, so I contacted the various contributors asking if they would be willing to record their stories for us. I have already received a number of recordings and have created the necessary articles, featuring it on the home page. As I receive more recordings, they will be added to the relevant article. The articles have links to the thread on this forum so that our visitors can also download the book.

Do go to Talking of Food and have a look. Comments are most welcome.

:smile:

Mark

5 Likes

Hi sorry not got back yet I am happy to take part but my story was so short not sure its of value?

Do send it in when you have a moment… being short is not an issue. And it’ll be a while before I can get it up; the family is here from Oz and we’ve all gone down with Covid! I seem to have come off most lightly symptom wise, and I’m getting back to work. I still have half of @thegirlclaudia’s recording to edit, followed by @sameagleusa and @Jaysen’s recordings.

Mark

1 Like

Hello everyone. After a long delay resulting from the family visiting from Australia, CoVid for all of us, and another visitor staying with us in Exeter as she needed a break from London … the three recordings in the pipeline are now up on the Talking of Food site.

If any of the other authors who expressed an interest in recording their “story”, feel like having a go, then we would love to have them.

Mark

2 Likes

You did a mighty fine job. I appreciate you putting up these mini podcasts of our stories.