Could not connect to network Error msg

I have had Scrivener for many years but haven’t updated in a long time. Now I can’t even stay inside the program on a Windows 10 machine. All other computer functions are normal. Internet works great. Can’t update the program. I’ve already checked the Forums for a solution. Did not see one.

Error Message:
eSellerate Software could not connect to the eSellerate servers due to a failed network request. Error 0x80072EFD.

How can I fix this?

I have the same issue and looking for solutions…

For some unexplained reason, I have the lastest version on my laptop/old-computer, and an older version on my new computer. I’m trying today to take a project I’m working on on the new computer and transfer it into the laptop… I can’t open it because of not matching versions. I have to option of updating the file I’m trying to transfer, but I fear that if I can’t find the way to update Scrivener on the new computer, what I would have added on the laptop will not be re-transferable into the new computer… :neutral_face:

Anyway, I’ll keep trying things… If I find a solution, I’ll post it here… :wink:

Go here and download and install the latest 1.9x version. You’ll need your original registration key in your email to register it.

literatureandlatte.com/scrivener/download

I have read that many solved this by disabling the firewall.
I was going to my new computer (with an older version of Scrivener) with the help of someone else and try to figure this out. Our home network has three levels of firewalls, so it was not that easy (not to mention “very dangerous” to disable it in any way…)

So, I went to do the update, to have the error message again. Then all crashed out and disappeared. So I went again so I could not the message properly… but that time, it just allowed the update :question: :question: :question:

So, my guess… Try again, and again?
I don’t understand why it was working on the old computer, but not on the new anyway. They both have the same configuration and the same network. Anyhow, the third time I’ve clicked today, it worked… Go figure :neutral_face:

As Twolane said, make sure you have the latest version.

ESellerate no longer exists. Paddle is our new registration service provider. But older versions of the software don’t know that and will attempt to connect to the old server.

Katherine