Daily session target calculation issue?

I’m using the automatic calculation of session target from draft deadline option. It seems to me that the session target often gets calculated incorrectly when it is reset, somewhat higher than when I calculate it myself ((manuscript target - word count) / days left). But if I click Reset in the Project Targets menu even before writing any new words, the session target gets set correctly according to my calculation. Is this a bug or do I misunderstand how the session target calculation is supposed to work?

If it’s relevant, any day I write, I add slightly over my session target in word count.

My Project Targets settings:
Manuscript target: 23 000 words
Draft target:
Only count documents set to be included in Compile
Deadline: Dec 21 2021
Session target:
Reset session count: At set time each day: 5:00
Allow negatives
Automatically calculate from draft deadline
Writing days: Mon-Fri, Allow writing on day of deadline
Show target notifications

I just realized that your post and my post are similar. So I’m not the only one with this issue :slight_smile:

I had a similar issue, but went in and changed the options in the session targets tab and it seems to have been resolved.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll try that!

1 Like