Dangerously easy to delete a keyword....

Small tweak this, but I’m wondering if you’ve considered adding a warning message when one attempts to delete a keyword ('Are you sure you want to delete this keyword and remove it from all the files it’s attached to?). It’s terrifyingly easy to click on the delete button by accident — and if one relies on keywords to organise one’s files into multiple topics (awkward to do within the Binder structure itself without aliases grin), a moment of inattention can wipe out a lot of structuring! Just a thought…

I might be missing a scenario that isn’t as straightforward as what I tried, but doesn’t the software already do what you are requesting? Here was my test:

1. Created a blank test project, and added two keywords to it via the Project Keywords pane: “One” and “Two”.
  2. Dragged “One” to the “untitled document” to assign it.
  3. Pressed the delete key to remove it.

A warning appears, letting me know that the keyword is in use and that deleting it will also remove the assignment from all documents in the project.

Granted, I can delete “Two”, which is not assigned to anything at all—but that’s no big deal. I just hit ⌘Z if I make a mistake in that case. I can do that for the other case as well, to get the keyword back, but undo doesn’t help with reassignment (hence the warning).

Hmmm. Same thing for me too — I’m just an idiot, I guess. Must have been wrong in thinking the keyword I deleted was still assigned to a bunch of things! (Can’t go back and confirm this obviously, but clearly that must be what happened). So sorry to bother you! Feel free to delete this thread…