Dark Mode, Override Text Color With Color NOT WORKING (and yes I've removed the color from the text.)

Ive read several other forums on the subject matter and followed the advice given. I have removed the preset color of the text using the (text color box option white with a slash,) yet still when i try reannitiating dark mode my text stays dark against a dark background. I have done everything i can think of to get this feature to work properly within dark mode. Binder text seems to change. So does seemingly everything else except main editor text, composition text and text within the notes fiels. They remail black.

What version of Scrivener, and with which version of Mac OS?

Katherine

Scrivener 3.1.5
Mac Big Sur Beta 5

Thank you for calling this to our attention. We expect to have a Big Sur compatibility update closer to the Big Sur release.

Katherine

Hi all,

Unfortunately it still an issue with Beta 11.2. I know, we don’t have the final release yet, but the editor is not useable in dark mode at the moment. Are there any plans to fix this issue soon?

Of course. I already have it fixed ready for the next update, which will be released around the same time as Apple officially releases Big Sur.

Thats great to hear! Thank you for the info. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I have installed Big Sur and I also have this issue of black text on dark mode. Do you expect to be pushing the fix soon?

From the version 3.2 (Mac) release notes:

Are you using the latest version of Scrivener (3.2)?

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

It worked! Thank you so much for your help!