Deletion restore

The tutorial says I can’t permanently delete unless I delete the trash. It assures me that my mistaken deletions will be there in the trash. I just made a big goof and it isn’t there! Where else might it be, or am I doomed to rewrite?

Are you looking in the trash folder inside Scrivener or the Mac’s system trash?

You want the trash inside Scrivener, at the bottom of the Binder.

[attachment=0]trash.png[/attachment]

Yes, that’s where I looked and it’s not there. I used ‘delete’ in the ‘edit’ section of the toolbar. Is there some secret that I don’t know? All that’s in the trash are folders I deleted previously and a sound file. It’s so frustrating!

Edit > Delete, deletes the selected text in the Editor. It doesn’t delete files/folders.

Documents > Move To Trash, moves the file(s)/folder(s) selected in the Binder to the Trash.

If the file (document) is still in the Binder, but the text has gone, you’ve deleted the text. Unless you can use CMD Z to reverse the action, I think the text will have gone.

If you have got backups turned on (in Preferences), you should be able to restore a recent backup of the text.

download/file.php?id=5406

Good luck!

Thanks Briar. I did find a recent backup, as far as it went. Of course, I think the stuff that wasn’t backed up was the best :unamused:. I have rewritten and will chalk it up to sad experience. Who knows…maybe the rewrite is better.

Happy to help. Sorry that it is not a perfect solution.

Here’s to a happy rewrite ending.