Sometimes there is a function I use a lot, and it would be nice if I could hover over the button I keep clicking, and it displays the current set keyboard shortcut for that button. For example, I know there’s most likely a shortcut for that little plus sign in the very bottom left, but when I hover over it, it only says “New Text,” and doesn’t say what keyboard shortcut corresponds with it.
This particular function is one I’ve enjoyed in many other pieces of software, and it would be a nice one for Scrivener
Not that I disagree, and do like when tooltips have the shortcuts in them: it’s good to know that there is nothing on the toolbar that is not also present somewhere in the main menu system, which prints every shortcut. At the top of the Help menu, there is a search field for finding commands by name if you don’t know where they are (ShiftF1).
So in this case, type “new” into the search field, and Project ▸ New Text appears, printing CtrlN right in the search results (although if you are working in the binder, corkboard or outliner, you need only press Return to make a new text item!).