Does anyone know how to get rid of this chicken?

It’s the favicon that comes up on Safari for iOS and I am growing weary of his continued mocking of my IT skills!

I’m not familiar enough with Safari to understand what I’m looking at here. Is this the local “typed history” or bookmarked cached copy? If so, maybe resetting the browser cache might help?

It’s all set up correctly in the forum settings, and I’ve never seen it not work in other browsers, so if this is a persistent problem I can only presume Safari recently broke how it uses favicons (again). It might get fixed in a future forum update if so.

This is what I see

but there is a significant difference between this and the OP’s version I use DuckDuckGo not Google as my web searcher.

I’ve cleared history and caches but no luck.

The chicken is still there, and now I think it knows I’m moving against him!

2 Likes

It makes sense for DuckDuckGo to display a duck, but why would Google choose a chicken? :thinking:

Maybe they think of a forum as a bunch of ‘squawking’? :woozy_face:

Fwiw, it’s not on android/google.

1 Like

If it is to scale, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

2 Likes

Will no one mention how clucked up this is? Di-know, di-know, bad pun :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Egg-xactly what I was thinking.

1 Like

I was shocked to learn that not many results contain chicken (!), but hey… the good news is: The top answer when searching DuckDuckGo points to this forum. But maybe it is ornithologically biased.

1 Like

Are users only seeing chickens and their older cousins, the dinosaurs?

Or, are other kingdoms, phyla, classes, orders, families, or genera included?

Seems like Apple are missing an opportunity if they’re only showing poultry as favicons…

2 Likes

CHICKEN UPDATE:
The chicken is gone!

I don’t know where to, but he’s no longer where he was. Plus, he must have left in a hurry because he left his book behind…

8 Likes

4 Likes

Joking aside, I think what’s really happening is that Apple intends to move away from the Californian landmarks naming scheme, back to animals (Tigers, Lions and stuff), like… “macOS Ripped-off Roosters 15”.

1 Like

It’s when they get to MacOS Headless-chickens that we will really have to start looking for alternatives!

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Microsoft owns the copyright on that.
It’s their business plan.

3 Likes

I have to say… now that he’s gone, I kind of miss him!

2 Likes

Further proof that we never know how good we have it until it’s over…

3 Likes

Or, perhaps Google recalled their spy chicken since its presence was detected… :eyes:

4 Likes

It was one of the Four Poultry of the Eggpocalypse. It was a white chicken, after all.

2 Likes