Draft Target Feature Request

Apologies if this has been requested before, but I would love to be able to blank out irregular non-writing days when I’m setting the draft target. For example, if a project spans over Christmas, or I know I have certain days away from the manuscript, I’d like the time I’m taking off to be taken into account when Scrivener calculates my daily target. Possible?

For things like an extended holiday that you know will exist within the course of the project, can’t you just adjust the deadline by those numbers of days to compensate? For routine days, like weekends, you can already omit them in the Options section.

I don’t think that would work. Scrivener would adjust the daily target downward if you extended the deadline, so that when you returned from holiday, you’d have far more to write every day than you had all along. Shortening it by that many days could work, but after the holiday, it would artificially inflate the daily totals until you changed the deadline to take the past holiday into account.

Personally, I think it makes the most sense to just figure the number of writing days available until your deadline, divide the total words you need to write by then, and set that as your daily target without using the deadline function. So long as you always meet or exceed your daily targets on your writing days, you’ll meet your deadline.