Dropbox now saying illegal character in filename

I’ve been workign with Scrivener just fine for a long time and I have several scrivener projects that are located in my Dropbox folder for ease of sync between 2 computers and my iPad. Ihave always been very careful to never have any Scrivener project open on more than one device at a time and always shut it down and wait for the sync to happen before opening it on another device.

I just went back to take a look at an older project that I havne;t had to update in over a year and for some reason on that project I am getting an error from Drop box about illegal file characters in the filename. [attachment=1]Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 7.21.17 AM.png[/attachment]

I made sure Scrivener was not running on any machine or device. Then I did a show package contents and yes, there are files in the package that have illegal characters.
[attachment=1]Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 7.21.17 AM.png[/attachment]

I’m confused both as to how this happened and what to do next.

What I would do:

With Scrivener closed, make a backup, just in case.

Browse to the project contents as you have done, and simply delete the problem files. They look like some sort of artifact, not essential parts of the project.

Open the project in Scrivener and confirm that all is well.

Katherine

Thank you. That appears to have worked. i did have to go down the tree and root out all of the files not just the top 3 but the project appears to be fine and the errors are no more.