"Editable" web pages are wonderful

I apologize prophylactically for my lack of technical understanding :wink:

When I import a web page into Scrivener, it is as it is. Scrivener cannot change anything.

If I import a web page into Devonthink (DT), I can edit it as I like and then import it into Scrivener. Scrivener still recognizes it as a web page.

I don’t know if this is complicated, but I think direct “editability” (without having to create a PDF or go through DT first) might be of interest to other Scrivener users. Or not?

Example of a web page edited with DT and then imported into Scrivener. It looks much better than any PDF with annotations.

I imagine this would be of interest to plenty of people, but I’m not sure how likely it is to happen. The vision for Scrivener has always been that it’s focused on the writing process and lets other apps handle things other apps do best like image editing, etc. It’s not trying to be all things to all people (which is good because it’s already doing quite a lot).

Who knows, though! Never hurts to ask :wink:.

1 Like

Isn’t research also part of the writing process? :wink: But of course I understand what you mean.

Editable web pages have the advantage that you can put comments directly where they belong. If you use notes in the inspector, it quickly becomes confusing.

As you say, one can always hope, thanks @JenT :slightly_smiling_face: