Email List for Beta Updates?

So, I don’t use the beta, since I wasn’t interested in being a beta tester and further, I only have a Windows and not a Mac, so I wouldn’t have a version of v3 that could actually compile anything, which would be a… Slight problem. As such, the only thing I could do with the Windows v3 beta is look at all the cool features I can’t use yet because Macs are too expensive (incidentally, that’s also why I’ve avoided looking up what’s new in v3, so I really don’t know much about it other than “it’s better than v1”).

It’s been… Aggravating, waiting for the full release of v3, which I’m sure everyone already knows. One big thing that has made this worse is the lack of transparency regarding progress, unless you’re using the beta.

What I wanted to suggest was, since there was an email list for people to be notified of the full release (which I subscribed to), how about in the meantime it give updates on beta releases, even if it’s just a copy of the beta’s change log. Perhaps there could also be a roadmap of what’s left to finish, even if no timeframe is given.

This way, even if it doesn’t bring it here any sooner, everyone can at least be experiencing the ups and downs of the development with L&L. It would probably cut down on the people complaining in the forums about it taking so long to come out, since they’ll have that reminder that they’re at least doing something.

Although hopefully at this point it’s close enough to coming out that this would be redundant…

Hi,

I don’t work for L&L, so only commenting to note that the beta change log can be found here: [url]Scrivener 3.0 Beta - Release Candidate 10 (Download Links & Change List)]

Best,
Jim

Hm, the last few posts in it aren’t very… Informative.

The first post is the one that is updated with the latest information, including the current download links, and what has been fixed or changed recently. I’m not sure how “interesting” it would be to someone not really paying much attention to the ongoing process though.

You can always use the ‘Subscribe topic’ on each thread you are interested in in the forum. This way you’ll recive an email every time when thetre is an update.

Actually it’s quite informative, it’s just not very clear. :frowning:

What you should be paying attention to is the very first post in the thread, the one confusingly labeled “MON NOV 20, 2017 12:22 PM” For every new beta release, L&L updates this post in place. Yes, it would be much clearer if that date was updated, but for whatever reason it is not. So, whenever you are bored with life and wonder when the latest beta was released and what changes were made, just have a look at that first post.