Esellerate activation AGAIN!

eSellerate wants an activation. The esellerate server does not reply.

Your mac.support@literatureandlatte.com bounced.

Is something wrong?

I cannot work.

You need to update your software. We haven’t shipped a version using eSellerate for years now (they went out of business). You can download the latest version from this page.

Cool!! Someone awake somewhere!! THank you!

Your answer turned me in the right direction. For some reason the dock-icon pointed to a 2.8.3 version. I had been using 2.9 for a long time.

But what you are essentially saying is I cannot use one of my older computers and a corresponding version of Scrivener?! I know about the updating of scrivener documents, but not even on its own?!

2.9 should be using Paddle though, the new vendor. Are you certain that is what is installed? Otherwise yes, I pointed you to the download for the modern version, not the older legacy version.

But what you are essentially saying is I cannot use one of my older computers and a corresponding version of Scrivener?! I know about the updating of scrivener documents, but not even on its own?!

Sorry, I don’t understand what this means, but if 2.9 runs on the older computer you should be fine. It’s worth noting though that on any machine that can run 3.x you get activation, on any computer that can’t it’s free. So if it is asking for activation, you could probably install 3.x and not have to bother with project version updates (if I understand you correctly).