Export Hebrew docs to Microsoft word not working well

Hi
When i’m exporting hebrew docs from scrivener to word (doc or dock) the sentences is flipping. for example: if i wrote something like " under the table" after export i’ll see it in office word as :table the under "

there is any solution to this problem?

thanks
solik

Hi,

What happens if you export to RTF and open the RTF in Word? Does it look okay then? Also, what happens if you turn off the custom converters in the Import/Export preferences? I’m wondering if this is an issue with the third-party file converter we use.

All the best,
Keith

Hi
When i’m exporting to rtf and open it in word its still not good and with the same problem of flipping words. and also when i turn off the custom converter is still with the same problem.

Thanks

That’s very strange - Scrivener uses the OS X text engine for the fundamental part of exporting. What happens if you write the same text in TextEdit and save that to RTF and open it in Word?

Thanks and all the best,
Keith

Again the same problem…
So its problem with something else… any ideas?

Could you send us a sample text for testing, or attach one to this post (zipped up)? It seems odd that OS X’s export is failing on something like this.
Thanks and all the best,
Keith

Thanks
I found the problem - word for mac 2011 doesn’t support RTL writing! so its flip all my documents.
When i open it in PC its working fine

Thanks for the help

Okay, great, glad it’s not a Scrivener problem after all - thanks for letting me know. Strange that Word for Mac doesn’t support RTL writing, though.

I had been going to suggest that you download a trial of Nisus Writer Pro, and see what happens with that. It certainly handles RTL and there are a very supportive group of users on the Forum for whom RTL is fundamental. The Nisus guys are also in my experience very helpful and supportive of users.

No connections with either Nisus or Scrivener, other than as an extremely happy long-term user.

Mark