"Files Recovered" every time I open Scrivener

On the latest beta, of course. I am saving to a folder synced via Dropbox so I can use my iPad as well. Every time I open my current project in Windows, it tells me “Files were recovered. While the project was opening, files were detected within the project package that do not exist in the binder” etc. etc. It indicates that there may be a permissions conflict or a sync conflict (the file is definitely synced, and opens and saves from the iPad without error).

There is only ever a single file “recovered,” and it is always blank.

The file was originally a project template converted from version 1. I worked with it a little before putting the project file on Dropbox, including a period of a few days when it was syncing to OneDrive, but it never gave me any problem until I put it on Dropbox. And it’s not really a problem so much as it’s an annoyance.

Please, send a demo project to tiho at literatureandlatte.com before you open it under Scrivener for Windows, so that we can reproduce the problem. Thanks!

This same thing has been happening to me in Scrivener 3.0. Did you find any solution?

Please start a new thread. This one pertains to a 2-year old beta version, not the current release.

Questions about Windows Scrivener 3.0 can be posted here:
viewforum.php?f=30

Or you can open a support ticket here:
literatureandlatte.com/contact-us

Katherine