Fixing the Tab Key

When I use the Tab Key, the cursor goes to the next line. What do I need to do to fix it?

I need to arrange a text like this:
Text 1
Text 2
Text 3

I want everything lined up neatly, After I type “Text” and use the Tab key, the cursor goes to the next line.
If I increase the indentation, “Text” is indented, which I do not want to indent.

From your post, it’s unclear what you’re trying to accomplish.

Do you want a series of columns, so that Text1, Text2, and Text3 are all on one line?

Do you want Text1, Text2, and Text3 on separate lines, but aligned with each other at some point other than the left margin?

Something else?

The View → Text Editing → Show Ruler command may be helpful, as it will show you where your tab stops, margins, and indents are.

Katherine

It sounds like there are no tab stops set for the paragraph format there where you are in your text. So, you could set some tab stops for those paragraphs.

gr

P.S. Tabbing only does that thing yu are expecting when the paragraph yu are in has some tab stops set. Scrivener’s default paragraph has tab stops already in set, but where you are typing in your text may be using a paragraph format that does not.