German language suddenly appears

Hi,

All of a sudden I see that when I perform a right click the options- only for Scrivener- are in German, even though everything else is in English including everything in Scrivener. I am attaching a screenshot. Anyone knows how to change this or what caused it? I have never used German :slight_smile:

On another note, I was wondering if there is a way to just drag and drop notes from Evernote into the research folder of Scrivener. If I remember well, I used to be able to do this in the past? I use Evernote for organising and Scrivener for writing. It would be nice if we could synchronise the two. Unless we can and I am not aware of it!

Thanks
Scrivener.png

The interesting thing is that isn’t coming directly from Scrivener, but rather that is the clipping service (so yes, it’s a part of Scrivener, but the route by which it got to that position in your menu came through the OS and who knows what else). Are you using a third-party tool to insert services into the context menu directly like that? Usually these are in a sub-menu, but I’m not sure which version of the OS you are running so I can’t say for sure.

Hello Amber,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Sorry, can you be more clear about examples of a third-tool? I am not using anything apart from Evernote and Scrivener, and all in English. I hope this isn’t some kind of scam/virus that is here without me realising it?? It only started a few weeks ago. Where can I check the sub-menu to see?

I am running on a 10.6.8. Mac OS X.

I appreciate any help.

Best Wishes
Helen

No I don’t believe that to be the case. Like I say this is just our clipping service, the one you use to select text in other programs and right-click to send it to Scrivener as a clipping. I just had to double-check that they are printed at the top of the contextual menu like that, rather than in a sub-menu.

So I don’t know why the service is printing in German if the rest of the system is set to English. I wouldn’t worry about it though, it just looks like a weird OS glitch to me, nothing nefarious.

Great, thanks a lot! I hope it will sort itself out then :slight_smile: