I wasn’t sure if this was the best place to ask this question so if I’m in the wrong place just let me know and I will move it.
I’m using the windows version of scrivener. Basically I read the Read me file for the updated version of scrivener and it has very clear rules of how to update templates from earlier versions.
Because the file format has changed, your old project templates will need updating. The path for project templates has also changed, so older project templates will no longer be found. To update old project templates:
- Go to File > New Project…
- In the New Project Binder assistant, click on the “Templates…” pop-up button and click on “Import Template(s)…”.
- Browse to ~/Library/Application Support/Scrivener/Templates and select the templates you wish to import.
- Click on “Import”. They should now appear in the New Project Binder assistant.
- One by one, select a template, copy its description text, and create a new project from it.
- Choose to update the project when you are prompted to do so.
- Go to File > Save as Template…
- Enter the title of the template exactly as it was before.
- Paste the description text into the description text field.
- Click OK. (You can now delete the project you created in step 5.)
You can now safely delete the ~/Library/Application Support/Scrivener/Templates folder (project templates are now saved in a folder entitled “ProjectTemplates” rather than “Templates”, to differentiate them from other template types).
I fallowed step one and two no problem but on step three I can not find any file labeled ~/Library/Application Support/Scrivener/Templates. I have looked everywhere I can think of. I recently switched computers and used the updated version of scrivener on it instead of the old version. Could this be my problem? Do I need to plug in the old hard drive and look there?
Any advice would be super helpful.