Help for importing from MS Word

Hello all,

I’ve been using Scrivener off and on for a few years now. I started a brand new novel about a year ago and shortly thereafter, my computer started having problems. Everything is all fixed now, but I went back to using MS word for my project for a long time while everything got sorted for the computer. Now, I have between 20 and 40 word documents that I need to import into my original Scrivener project so I can continue my work, but every time I try to import or cut and paste my documents, Scrivener adds an extra indent to the start of every paragraph. I have searched the forums for a resolution to this, and I can’t seem to really find one. If anyone has any suggestions or solutions, I’d really appreciate it, I don’t want to manually go in and erase every single extra indentation.

Thank you in advance!

I’ve had that issue, also.

In Word, as I’m sure you know, you can select the tab character and then replace it with nothing.

I couldn’t find a special characters menu à la Word, I I did find that I could select the tab space, past that into the Find, and tell it to replace it with nothing.

Not perfect, but better than sitting there hand-deleting every single one of the dang things.

Is there no Strip Leading Tabs option in the Format menu on the Windows version?

I’m afraid that currently this is a Mac-only feature. But the replace trick pointed by Marilynx works as described.

Thank you guys! I appreciate all of the help, that workaround should work fine.