Hiding file divisions and comment highlighting

Hi! Newbie here. I’m getting oriented and loving Scrivener. Such a relief over what I was doing before. Two things I haven’t figured out, not sure if they are possible:

When I am using the scrivenings feature I would like to disappear the dotted line separaters and see the text as it flows together, without any added demarcation of divisions. Is that possible?

Same with comments. I would like to be able to attach a comment and toggle the highlighting of the associated text off and on, depending on whether I want to consider comments at that time. I don’t see any way to do this. Am I missing something?

Thanks much!

Hi, for the first, the nearest you can get is setting the Scrivenings separator to “Corners” in Preferences > Appearance > Options:

For the second, I don’t think you can, and I don’t think it would be advisable. If the comments are just for your own benefit, you could substitute footnotes and in Project > Project Settings… > Formatting, set it to use a footnote marker rather than a highlight.

Hope that’s not bad news for you.

:slight_smile:

Mark

Edited once to add info.

Thanks much, Mark. That helps. Not quite what I want, but workable.