Highlighting gets erased when I add a comment to a large section of text

So let’s say I have about 100 words of text that I want to add a comment to, what almost always happens is that all of the highlighting within these 100 words gets undone (either by removing all of the highlight or highlighting every word; it is not consistent with how it gets undone). This doesn’ seem to be the case when I only add a comment to 4 or 5 words, but after 50 or 100 or so words (more than 2 or 3 sentences basically), this will always happen.

This is extremely important to me because I am very edit-heavy when I write, and I use selective highlighting to remind myself which specific words I want to check on when I do rounds of edits. At the same time, I also want to add general comments to large blocks of text with more detailed reminders to myself.

Is there a workaround to this? If not, can this please be fixed?

I am on Win 10.

Thanks.

bumperino

You may want to try downloading the current Windows beta (RC11), making a copy of one of your projects, and using it with the beta (opening a v2 project in the beta converts it to v3 and you can’t easily convert it back), to test and see if the behavior still happens in the beta. If so, post about it in the Windows Beta forum.

Unfortunately, we are probably not going to see a bugfix of this complexity happen in the 1.9.x version.