How could one jump in the eidtor (not in the binder) to the area (dotted line) of the next document?

How could one jump in the eidtor (not in the binder) to the next (and previous) area (dotted line) of a document, repectively to the next document?
https://i.imgur.com/Qc7mo5G.png

And how could one quickly, easily within the editor search in ALL of the areas (shown in the editor, separated from each other with dotted lines) by pressing CTRL-F (it seems to serach only in the area of a single doc)?

Well, when the cursor is positioned as you have it in that screenshot, a simple DownArrow will suffice, but for “blind” jumps where one wants to get to the next section from wherever they are, even if it is off-screen, that is where the Navigate ▸ Go To ▸ Next|Previous Document shortcuts come in handy. If you prefer, these commands are also featured on the editor header bar, just to the left of the split button, on the far right side of it: as up and down chevron icons.

Regarding Ctrl+F. I’ve come across some quirks with its reliability across Scrivenings sessions, but have never pinned down a reliable case for why it sometimes doesn’t seem to work right, and other times does. One thing to be aware of though is that there is a timing issue, if you slam the F3 key over and over quickly, it can skip back to the top. It’s a known issue that we have on the list to fix, but that can happen in any view, not just Scrivenings, I just mention it since it could be a factor.

Well, when the cursor is positioned as you have it in that screenshot, a simple DownArrow will suffice

Sorry, this should only be an example, should only show what I meant by area. At that position I even would be abel to click with the mouse in the next area / doc.

but for “blind” jumps where one wants to get to the next section from wherever they are, even if it is off-screen, that is where the Navigate ▸ Go To ▸ Next|Previous Document shortcuts come in handy. If you prefer, these commands are also featured on the editor header bar, just to the left of the split button, on the far right side of it: as up and down chevron icons.

Cannot get it working here, When using that the next doc is shown in the editor. So only the area of the next doc, not the other docs / the areas of the other docs like it was before.

Regarding Ctrl+F. I’ve come across some quirks with its reliability across Scrivenings sessions, but have never pinned down a reliable case for why it sometimes doesn’t seem to work right, and other times does. One thing to be aware of though is that there is a timing issue, if you slam the F3 key over and over quickly, it can skip back to the top. It’s a known issue that we have on the list to fix, but that can happen in any view, not just Scrivenings, I just mention it since it could be a factor.

Oh, suddenly it works, the first time I got it working. So if I understand it correctly, it actually / generally does not work, respectively (if one might consider it as working), it sometimes works (and sometimes or mostly it does not or so).

Cannot get it working here, When using that the next doc is shown in the editor. So only the area of the next doc, not the other docs / the areas of the other docs like it was before.

Oh! Bother, I forgot about the bug with keyboard shortcuts/menu commands on those functions. It only works properly if you actually click the buttons in the header bar that I mentioned.

Oh, suddenly it works, the first time I got it working. So if I understand it correctly, it actually / generally does not work, respectively (if one might consider it as working), it sometimes works (and sometimes or mostly it does not or so).

Something like that. :slight_smile: Until someone happens across why it isn’t always working right and we can fix it. Sometimes going somewhere else entirely and then coming back to the Scrivenings group seems to work for me.

Yes, yes, I had tried but it hadn’t worked.

Sometimes going somewhere else entirely and then coming back to the Scrivenings group seems to work for me. Well, OK, I just will leave it.

Okey, does not sound that comfortable, but one could try to remember that way if need be.

Many thanks!