I’m using scrivener to create a document which I then export to markdown from which I convert to latex (using scholdoc) and then PDF.
To add images to my document, I past them into the document and then drag them into the research folder and link into them there (using <$img:image_name>). When I compile the document into markdown the images are exported as tiff however which is not supported by latex. Is there a way to specify that the images should be converted to png on compile?
Some more information:
When exporting to latex the images are again exported as tiff which isn’t supported.
It tried inserting the images directly into the Research folder, same results. Only solution is instead of copy pasting them, to save them to disk and then drag them in (very cumbersome).
For some reason on some crashes (on occasion I crash my mac when disconnecting the display when it’s off), all the images are converted to png and then everything is fine until I add a new image, so there seems to be some underlying way to do this (I’m happing with having all the images behind the scene as png with no conversion on compile). I did not find any deterministic way to do it though.
There is an option to convert images to png on export to word, so again, there seems to be some underlying mechanism that I have not discovered to do this.