How to activate without internet

Hello and sorry for my english!
i updated Scriv to the new version. Now i have it to activate but i dont have internet.
How i activate Scriv without internet?

I found a few posts about this topic, but there very old. Maybe there a newer solution for this hughe problem. Otherwise i cant work with scrivener and pay money for nothing.
Can somebody help me?

Licence activation requires an internet connection. Paddle (our current licensing provider) does not offer an offline solution.

If you purchased from us directly, and you need to return your purchase because you cannot connect to the internet, then we can accept returns within 30 days of the purchase date. Please contact us via sales@literatureandlatte.com with your order details, so that we can look up your purchase on the system and advise further.

All the best,
Astrid

1 Like

Hello Astrid!
I wrote with L&L about my problems with Windows and Scriv, and now i saw the very good VideoManuals from L&L so i will try again and learn this app again and again… take my money back is not a solution for me, i will learn this incredible app.
if necessary, I go out on the street as a beggar and beg for a MacBook together :wink:
ByTheWay: L&L latte wrote me, there no interesting in the german market. I think, this is a BIG Mistake, because the german market is BIG.
Thanks for your help!

Leon

I’m not sure what you mean when you write about a lack of interest in the German market, as that is simply untrue. We offer German localisations of Scrivener, and we have many German-speaking users.

Our documentation and tutorial videos are available only in English, but that is unrelated to any assessment of market size. It is because we are a very small company, and simply don’t have the resources to provide multiple translations and keep them all up to date.

All the best,
Astrid

1 Like

Just curious… If you have no internet, then how are you posting here?

If using your mobile phone and mobile data, can you not use the phone “Personal Hotspot”–that’s what iOS calls it, and Android may be called something else–which I hope is available to you to make an internet connection for your computer for just long enough to activate your license?

1 Like

Hi, Astrid, I cannot activate either. The version I have is old, purchased in 2016 if I recall correctly and tries to activate via eSellerate. I don’t have a receipt or invoice but do have a text file with the registration information which has an order number on it. The weird thing is that I completed a form on the website contact us page and it got bounced right back as shown below.

This is the mail system at host ps233852.dreamhostps.com.

I’m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It’s attached below.
DreamHost Email Support

mx2.mailchannels.net[44.224.169.195] said: 550 5.7.1 [NR] Message rejected

(in reply to end of DATA command)

It sounds as though you bought Scrivener 1 for Windows. Is that correct? If so, and if you wish to continue using that legacy version (and don’t want to upgrade to Scrivener 3 at this stage), please download version 1.9.17 from our legacy downloads page at https://www.literatureandlatte.com/legacy-download?os=Windows and install that instead of the out-of-date version that your description suggests you are running.

If you still have problems after that, please contact us by sending an email to sales@literatureandlatte.com, so that we can assist you. We don’t deal with licence-related enquiries on the public forum.

All the best,
Astrid

@rms: I changed my room from a city to a village, and there is no internet. And i had the same idea with Mobilphone and the last hours i tried to do it with my iphone and windows 10 and it was impossible, but my android was SUCCESSFULL!!!
The Solution is to use the MobilPhone. Manuals are many in the internet.

@Astrid: Its a misunderstood, im just german and my english is very bad. I wrote to L&L and they told me the same with the small business, team. But i think, if you expand with 1-2 translators, you will have very quick a very good german Scriv and many german customers and writer will be very happy, because on the german markets are just Patchwork and Papyrus and there are horrible.

So, now im a Scrivener-User again, and im very happy. I hope the universe have very soon many sympathy for me and buy me an MAC :wink:

Thanks to all!

Hi, Thanks. This works perfectly and I have replaced the old install file I have ( v 1.9.00) with the one in the link. At the moment Scrivener will be used intermittently and sporadically but I could look at upgrades. Thanks again.

1 Like