On MacOS 26, Scrivener, in dark mode, rendered the ruler with a black background and white settings. On MacOS 27, it’s the exact opposite. Is there a way to adjust the ruler’s colour?
I’m seeing the dark background and light markings in several themes using macOS 27.
I suggest trying a different theme or resetting Scrivener’s preferences. If only one project is affected, resetting its display settings might also help.
Thanks. I had hoped it wasn’t down to resetting the theme–it was never like that on the prior MacOS version.
I ached over getting my desired settings using the Darkish theme for 2 weeks, finding and adjusting fonts on all my projects and effectively hiding the notch and fiddling with tables so they don’t self-adjust scrambling info from one line to the next when using more than one column.
Now, I’d rather leave well-enough alone.
It’s also a pity we can’t have dark backgrounds for some projects as a choice. At least I have it for QR windows. Profile photos pop with detail in dark mode, compared to their light mode editor default.
The colour of the ruler is not changed by themes and never has been. It is a standard development component in fact, seen also in TextEdit. It changes its appearance based on the application or system Dark/Light mode settings.
So something weird like that, one piece of the UI not following the mode setting, probably indicates a corrupted installation or maybe damaged preferences (but I’d be surprised if that is it since all preferences do is say whether or not to use dark mode). I’d start with reinstalling from a fresh download, and reboot if you haven’t in a few days.