I accidentally used the wrong email when buying and now I can't access the program

When buying I typed a “-” in my email instead of not having one by accident and now I can’t activate the program I just spent 50 dollars on. Any fix to this?

Please open a support ticket, here:

We can’t handle licensing issues through the forum for privacy reasons.

1 Like

Ok I did that, thank you. How soon can I expect this to be resolved?

You should have gotten an autoresponse almost immediately, which will confirm that the email you used works and you’re in the support system.

For a human response, I’d recommend allowing a day or two. We aren’t enormously busy at the moment, but it’s the weekend and we’re scattered across a few different time zones.

1 Like

Ok. I’m assuming I’ll need to wait for a human response to use the program?

If you have time remaining on the trial version, then it will continue to work. But no, the automated response won’t have a resolution for the issue.

1 Like

I didn’t do the trial just got the full version right away on the front page. Guess I was in too much of a hurry to type anything right. And damn I will wait it out for a human response then. Thanks for the help!

The “trial” and the “full” version are exactly the same software. The trial version just has a 30-day time limit, which registration removes. So you should be able to proceed in trial mode while we get your license sorted out.

I’d recommend starting with our Interactive Tutorial, available from the Help menu. It’s a good overview of Scrivener’s fundamental operations.

1 Like

If you haven’t used the app 30 days yet, you still have the trial period. You should be fine. The trial version IS the full version.

1 Like

Awesome will get the free trial then. Can any work I do on there be saved and brought over to the full version when the license is sorted out?

You already have the trial, and yes. NO app i know of would lose the work just because you did (whatever) to the app.

1 Like

Just to be completely clear: the version you have is both the trial version and the full version. You can use it for 30 days without activating it and then it will stop until you put in the activation code. It will keep your work until you activate it.

Hi @blakelayton

Just to confirm that we replied to your support ticket on Saturday morning (UK time), less than two hours after receipt of the first of your direct messages to us. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive that response.

All the best,
Astrid

1 Like