I write as a hobby...

Hi everyone,

I’m a University student and I write a lot. Well I write for school papers, I write work term reports and technical stuff, but I also enjoy writing as a hobby. Actually I’ve had quite a few articles of mine published at my University’s news paper (for geeks :wink:) and also I write for my residence’s news letter. The latter is published four times per term and I am one of 10 writers, so it feels good to have a regular column. Of course this isn’t paid work, but I did win a $50 gift certificate for one of my funnier articles in the MathNEWS paper. That was fun!

I also like to think of myself as a writer because I write poems, short stories and I have blueprints for at least 3 or 4 books. I have 6 chapters of my first novel attempt, but then I decided that I had evolved too much to continue with that project. Go figure.

I also have a web site where I post a lot of articles and I write on my weblog. I have been writing little stories and blurbs since I got my hands on my first computer when I was 11 years old. But now that I’ve found such a great writing tool as Scrivener, I know I can finally map out a project and get it finished!

By the way, I love this forum and the great community that has formed around Scrivener and writing. Glad to be here among such great people. :slight_smile:

P.S. I also speak French (my first language) if anyone would prefer to communicate in French. Merci! :wink:

Welcome, Syntheticore!

As I write this I am in your home province, at a music camp called CAMMAC, in the
Laurentians, about 30 klicks north of Lachute. Beautiful, beautiful country. I’ve been
doing the final final final (will they never end!) edits on my book, and this is a lovely
place to do them.

I hope you benefit from Scrivener as much as I do!

Tim