If anybody needs me, I'll be refreshing the screen until 3.0 beta arrives.

:smiley:

(re: today’s blog post. https://www.literatureandlatte.com/blog/?p=1032)

Me too! This is exciting!

Hey, I want to keep my record for first person to get it working on Wine. :smiley:

Same here.

I can’t even wait for this.

:smiley:

OMG me too! I can’t wait! :smiley:

I’m very excited for this! I really love Scrivener, but I have been hoping for an update that irons out the issues I have with it. Looks like I’ll be refreshing my screen as well! :smiley:

Newbie here, where should I check for this release?

Nowhere yet, it’s not out.

If you sign up for the L&L email newsletters, you’ll know when it is. You should also keep an eye on the announcement forums here.

Thanks very much. I think I subscribed to the mailing list when I purchased the software but I’ll check. And I will keep an eye on the forums as well. I saw the blog post too and think it sucks there will be an update fee, but since I just bought the software I’m hoping I’m an exception.

Michael

While I’m a little disappointed that the Windows version is not going to launch day-and-date with the OS X version (and trust me, this frustration comes from years of Windows and Android being treated as second-class citizens with 6-12+ month late ports - certainly not a L&L specific issue!), I’ve found myself refreshing the forums daily over the past few months in hope of being able to get a hint of when I’d be able to try out the beta for 3. The way I see it, trying out the new features and looks could be a fun way to get myself back into the swing of a currently stagnant project!

That’s not even a Windows/Android specific thing (well maybe Android, I don’t really know much about mobile). :slight_smile: When software comes to a Mac from Windows it’s often years behind and containing only a skeleton of the feature set. It doesn’t have so much to do with any particular platform being “second class”, or even that the second platform is less cared for—it has more to do with how much it takes to not only equal something that already exist, but then catch up with it as it moves along at it’s normal pace. We’ve been spending a lot of time doing just that, without artificially holding the Mac back, hope to hear it’s a success once you can get your hands on it!

I have to admit I am both thrilled that Windows is getting the enhancements in v3 (which hopefully will be on par or close to the Mac version) – and also frustrated and annoyed it’s taking this long to get the Win version anywhere near the Mac version.

Thanks for the work but pls don’t wait so long next time.

:unamused:

You might want to read this explanation from Scrivener’s designer/developer, on the background of Scrivener development in Windows.

[url]Kickstarter to accelerate Windows version development?]

It will give you some understanding of the challenges they faced. A lot of effort will have been expended when they finally achieve parity.

https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/anything-to-share-about-scrivener-3-0/34955/204

Curiouser and curiouser… :smiley:

It’s currently 19th Nov., 10:19pm U.K. time.

Refreshing begins in two hours.

TWO HOURS.

(Not an hour 40 mins. I’m not stupid. I gotta allow them 20 minutes to get everything in order.)

Then that means when I wake up, there might be something to break^H^Htest. :slight_smile:

Well it’s 5:18 AM UK time & everything at L&L looks just as we left it last night.

Looks like only one official sort of person, so odds are good the L&L crew isn’t caffeinated enough yet. Although it’s evening, LAP time, isn’t it?

Yeah but I’m actually in South Africa at the moment, so two hours ahead… Well caffeinated and ready for a distraction from real work!