<$img> tag not not compiling

Hello, I am having the same problem on a mac.

I’m writing a dissertation that refers to many musical examples that I have saved as pdf image files. I need to embed these image files into the text, and would prefer to do so in Scrivener so that I don’t have a lot of work to do after each Compile.

After importing 100 pdf images into the Research folder, I entered image tags in the appropriate places in the text such as <$img.filename> per the advice on this blog post: gwenhernandez.com/2013/05/28/tec … scrivener/ and other forum discussions.

However, I must be missing a step. After compiling the document, there are no inserted images. Only the image tag.

What is the final step in order to have pdf image files included in the correct places in the compiled text?

(Mod note: Split and moved this discussion to the Mac tech support)

There’s no additional step that should be necessary, so it could be a problem with the image title or the format. As a first check, though, the proper tag is <$img:filename>, with a colon, not a period. For imported images, “filename” is the title of the image as it appears in the binder. Is this how you have things set up?

Thanks, it was the colon (instead of the period) that did the trick