iMindMap

I do not know if anyone else has put this one up, but here is mind-mapping program I found that looked interesting. Has anyone used, or heard of it?

imindmap.com

I have shopped around a bit for mind mapping software and one persistent problem is the utter unseriousness of most implementations of this idea. iMindMap shares this problem. Even their examples of mind maps for “corporate” applications look like they are for elementary schoolers (in this case, looking like veins & arteries for elementary schoolers).

http://www.imindmap.com/corporate/#examples

Almost all mind map software I have seen isunserious looking in this way.

I ended up going with MindJet’s MindManager. It is not cheap, but at least you can take yourself seriously when you use it!

Best,
Greg

P.S. BTW, I have an applescript which helps me take mind maps and make them into binder-structures in scrivener, or takes Word outlines and makes them into OPML files for import into my mind map software. In case, you are interested, you can find it here:

[url]https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/outline-import-conversion-for-scriv-and-more/2466/1]

What about all the browser-based mind mapping software? They don’t all force the colorful, organic style that Buzan pushes and they’re not OS dependent. These are the ones I know of: bubbl.us, comapping.com, glinkr.net, mindmaps.kayuda.com, mapio.com, mapul.com, mind42.com, mindmeister.com, mindomo.com, wisemapping.com, webofweb.net.

Many can produce results similar in appearance to MindManager. Several can import and export MindManager files if needed. Some are completely free, most are free if you keep your usage down to just a few maps, but they have a subscription for heavier use.

The major thing about these is that they make it much easier to share maps and collaborate.

Regards
Vic
mind-mapping.org
The master list of mind mapping &
information management software

Vic–

Your mind mapping resources site was a real eye opener. (Price, you should go there!) Plenty of Mac solutions I knew little of. I worked through them somewhat nervously–having already committed myself to MindManager for $$–but happily it still seems I made a pretty good choice.

I have not explored web-based solutions at all, though I have now peeked at a few you mentioned. I don’t know, I guess it is the latest thing, but I am still not ready to entrust my work too much to web-based software. I guess that is old think…

Best,
Greg

Hi Greg,

I’d say it’s not “old think” if you mindmap for yourself only, as writers often do, or if you work in off-line places (like the beach for example…?)

But I think it’s useful for Mac users especially, to know about the many web options.

Cheers
Vic
mind-mapping.org
The master list of mind mapping &
information management software

Hi guys,

I have been using imindmap for a while now - great for good looking Mind Maps but much prefer mindgenius.com.au as it is very fast - really helped me do my masters (could do essay and ppt at same time)

Met Chris Griffiths, the guy who invented imindmap, in singapore last month and there will be constant updates as it shifts from beta