Indents (not tabs) not formatting for kindle, what am I doing wrong?

Hello, after some research I found that I shouldnt be using tabs but rather indents for block text. But when I compile for kindle I get the follwing result (see attachment). Turning on invisibles, this is what I’ve done (see attachment). Basically i’m not doing anything different than the paragraph indent which looks good in scrivener, but if so, why does the first line indent in scrivener and not in the kindle?

Why is my text formatting this way and how can I fix it? The first line is not indented, and the last one breaks like a normal paragraph.

Best,

R
Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 3.47.37 PM.png

also I should add the the very next line which you cant see in the images is for some reason not indented though its the beginning of a new paragraph.

Possibly these settings…

Slàinte mhòr.

thank you, where are those settings?

Hi.

Accessed by editing the relevant compile format:

Slàinte mhòr.

Thanks, didnt even know it was there. I turned them all off and it seemed to fix it…

I have a 2nd question, the first few words are all caps…where is that setting?

Best,

R

This:

And:

literatureandlatte.com/lear … ategory=43

Slàinte mhòr.

very helpful! thank you!

one more question, on the kindle on my phone, new paragraphs are not indented. is this a different setting?

Possible solutions in this thread…perhaps:

literatureandlatte.com/forum … =3&t=53187

Slàinte mhòr.

thanks, but doesn’t really help. from what I understand, it’s just a kindle formatting problem, but then i look at other books i have on the phone (not created by me) and the indents are there. seems like then all indents would be taken out, or those books do something different when compiling.