Installer Payload Initialization failed

Trying to install Beta 26, version 2.9.0.26 on my Win10 PC and receive the following error message:

“Installer Payload Initialization failed”

Tried both the 64 and 32-bit versions and get the same error message.

Tried searches on this forum and elsewhere and all I come up with is that the file on the server is bad.

Please help!

Moved to beta forum, as this concerns the beta version.

Katherine

Try to disable your antivirus software, download the installer again and try it one more time.

Here is what happened. It was a corrupted windows 10 profile. The solution was to make a whole new profile, and install scrivener from that profile. That is what we know…

Have no idea how to repair a corrupted profile. AND I am able to write again.

As I posted on my Rant post, It was 24 hours here, and 4 days on my side. Turns out my patience lasts about 4 days.

Thank you, Robin M Powers

Are you living in some alternative dimension, so the time passes faster on your side?

Just curious.

Regards,
M

I spent days wrangling with the issue before I ever got to posting on the forum. By the time 24 hours had passed, I was days into the cauldron of frustration. Not a place I do well. Especially after multiple days.

And to tell you the truth, I am seriously thinking of leaving Scrivener after more than a decade of loyalty. Having to re-install on a monthly or more basis for about a year now has worn me down. I just don’t bother to write, because my writing environment never feels stabilized. I have a lot of time, learning and writing held in the hands of Scrivener. So its a very hard decision to make. But I may well be there…

Thanks for asking. Cheers, Robin M Powers

1. You are working with a beta version which does require updating as new betas are released. If you need a stable, not updated every month version you should be using 1.9 and waiting for the official release of V3.
  2. I have never had to re-install the beta. I just select Help > Check for updates (or whatever its called, I’m not in front of PC) and install the update. Works fine for me.

I’ve found the betas a very stable writing environment.

Corrupted profiles can be a total pain in the butt, because they can linger for years and cause all sorts of small issues. Please keep an eye on it and let us know if you’re still seeing the problems with further updates. If you do, please send me a DM and I’d be happy to arrange a time to work with you privately to see if there isn’t something else going on that is affecting your experience as well.

As to 1: yes. Betas are like that.

As to 2: I have had to reinstall the beta a few times. I expected this (Betas are notorious for having installation issues.All betas, not just Scrivener).

Guess I’m a lucky duck… no update issues.