iOS Crashes [on project creation]

When I create a new project on Scrivener iOS, it crashes after I select where I want to save it. It saves the project but when I open the app after the crash and try to open the project, it crashes again.

I thought it was something I did wrong when it happened the first time and I was in a rush so I just opened my notebook and created the project from there to then open on iOS and it worked.

But I’m now seeing it’s maybe a bug or something.

Thanks!

@ladyvalse, it’s not at all normal - Scrivener iOS itself I think over years proves entirely reliable.

What I would suggest is to do a full shutdown of your iPad, then start it again. iPads do sometimes get confused…

Here are Apple’s instructions for how to do it, according to which kind of iPad you have: Restart your iPad - Apple Support.

You also might check the Storage (memory) under Settings, to assure you haven’t got the iPad overfull…that’s here: How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support.

2 Likes

Have you tried the advice, for crash on project load symptoms, given in the knowledge base?

Even that aside, the reset functions it points the way to are a good first thing to try when facing a systematic crash. I would go in the order of Dropbox cache (if applicable), custom fonts and lastly default formatting. Presets could maybe be involved, but most people will not have actually customised those since that was only something that could be done with the old Mac version from years ago, before styles were introduced.

1 Like

Thank you! I think it’s probably the font I used, so I’ll make sure to try a workaround on that.

Thank you! I’ll make sure to read it more in depth when I can. x

you know, that’s a very real possibility – fonts can create all sorts of problems, and especially some of those unusual ones we might think to choose.

Good thing you thought of that – and let us know if the problem goes away, so that others can find it as a solution :slight_smile:

Hi all! If you’re having the same issue: https://scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb/ios/known-issues-ios#projects-crash-on-load-after-applying-1-2-2-update

My problema was the formatting; I’ve reset it and it worked fine!

1 Like