Has anyone else noticed a marked increase in how long it takes iOS Scrivener to get a list of files from Dropbox before it even starts a sync? I just did two syncs in a row; one downloaded updates to a number of files, the next one did not (as it had JUST synced a minute prior). Both times, it took over 20 seconds displaying the message “Syncing with Dropbox… Downloading file list…”. The second time, there were zero files to sync, but it still took 20 seconds to figure that out.
I don’t recall it taking that long before.
Things I’ve tried:
- Connecting to different Wifi networks.
- Disabling wifi and syncing using a moderately strong LTE signal (I’m on AT&T here)
- Resetting my DB sync cache (Settings->Scrivener->Reset Scrivener->Clear Dropbox Sync Cache)
Keith has suggested to me that it might be related to a recent change on Dropbox’s end, but I’d like to confirm if others are seeing this slowdown.
I’m running the iPhone 6 (not plus, not s) from about 2 years ago, but I don’t think that has anything to do with the slowdown. I do have 4 projects synced to my iPhone, two of which are fairly sizable in both megabytes and number of documents, but not excessively so.