iPad air, mini or pro?

Well, pooh. How rude of the manufacturer, or Amazon, whichever is responsible.

Thanks for your hints. I think most of those “portable” keyboards have a smaller key size which is not as bad as hiding the shift-key but still hard for me to type on fluently. I found out now that the one I had also has a larger model with normal key-size and normal order. Of course it is larger, but it can still be folded and seems to be a good compromise. I ordered it and hope I will be better off with this one:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01712AITC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aaah, luckily I wrote this post which made have second look on my order. Of course I need german layout (qwertz) and this one is qwerty. Puh, just deleted it. So I´ll look on.
How small are the keys on that fabric covered Logitech keyboard, compared to a normal keyboard?

About 1.5 cm for the number keys, 1.75 cm for the letter keys, smaller iOS function keys. Specs page.

Thanks! That was a very technical answer but I think it sounds like “not too small”. I already own an iPad keyboard from Anker that I don’t like typing on at all. I always related that too its size but when I consider that I don’t feel too bad on the on-screen keyboard it is probably more the overall ergonomy than the size. The Logitech to-go looks really great to me, as long as it is not too small to type on fluently. I want it to be slim, lightweight, simple to use, to be tossed in my bag and on dirty coffeehouse tables . All that seems to be the case with the Logitech.
I deleted the other order and ordered the Logitech, hoping this one will fit and Amazon doesn’t think I’m crazy.

I have a drawer full of bluetooth keyboards. The best one so far, is the iClever Ultra Slim 3 Color backlight. It is a full-size keyboard, but foldable so it fits easily in a coat pocket or purse.

amazon.com/Foldable-iClever … +backlight

Yes, that was the one I had ordered but that´s only qwerty, not quertz. It looked like a good solutions besides that. Well, the Logitech won´t fold that small, but on the other hand it is very slim and light.

I guess I’m looking for a keyboard that has a stand for my little iPod, or my iPad when I get it. Though, this one fits all the other bells and whistles.

I use it on an iPad Air 2, with Logitech 810 BT keyboard, which I like very much (though I have the Windows version of the keyboard, and the Mac version might have a more compatible layout). Thinking of looking for a keyboard case, but haven’t done so seriously yet. It’s a good combo, and Scrivener works just great on it.

It’s got no iPod/iPad holding mechanism. Here is my dilemma. I use my iPod on long bus commutes so its ideal that I carry a keyboard that can both type and carry an iPod with. I can’t put an iPod stand on my lap and also carry a keyboard; everything would go haywire the second the bus goes over a bump on the road. It’s got to be one device that both carries my iPod and allows me to type. Belkin would have been a godsend had the bloody thing worked.

FWIW, I use an iPad Mini with the Zagg keyboard case, and absolutely love it. The keyboard is a little heavy, but not bad – I can hold it in one hand, balance on my lap, etc. – and it has a very good touch, comparable to an Apple laptop.

I do a lot of interviewing, and this is the first setup I’ve used that’s good enough to replace paper. Small enough to minimize the barrier between me and the subject, but very reliable and fast to setup and use.

Katherine

Keith previously ranted about the zagg so I have some reservations.

Is it a full keyboard or slightly smaller? Do its ‘strips’ allow for a stable flat setting or do they twist and turn, bumping up and down? Ultimately if I placed the device on my lap, would typing be an evenhanded, stable experience?

To be precise, this is what I have:
bestbuy.com/site/zagg-folio- … =212&loc=1

It’s slightly smaller than a full keyboard. The keys are not all the same size: the alphabet and number keys are nearly full-sized, some of the punctuation keys are slightly smaller.

The case completely encloses the iPad, so it handles very much like a small laptop. No twisting, no bumping. I use it in my lap all the time and can type at a reasonable speed without destabilizing it.

Katherine

Oh, I thought you were referring to the: http://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/keyboards/universal-tablet-keyboard/pocket/

This is what I meant about whether the keyboard was actually stable, when placing it on your lap to type. My suspicion is that it is not.

I can’t really use iPad keyboards, because they usually don’t fit too well, and look ridiculous, with iPods (which is what I have).

Should I get an iPad however, your suggestion surely will be remembered so thanks.

Yosimiti, have you looked at the Logitech K480?

Yup, tried that one at best buy. But I can’t throw it into my backpack without potentially damaging the keys. There’s no cover. The Belkin and Zaag have their own covering mechanisms.

Thanks for the thought though!

For all you iPad Pro users Logitech is out with a new backlit keyboard:

http://www.cnet.com/products/logitech-create-for-ipad-pro-9-7-inch/

Too bad no one is making anything l like this for iPods.

More Bluetooth keyboard options. imore.com/best-compact-bluet … yboard-mac

And a Wired story on mechanical keyboards for iPad.