Just for fun: "Why Microsoft Word must Die"

Certainly not. You’re so confused that you even thought that it was someone else the one who is confused.

BTW, regarding you C-3PO reference thing, which you seem to have come up with because of my nick, stay assured that r6d2 has nothing to do with George Lucas and his films. Mi nick exists long before those characters appeared. Literally 5 centuries before.

You know, my fluffy friend, it’s kind of tiresome to interact with someone who does not answer what is asked, answers what is not asked, which changes your name by doing free clueless associations and who is so confused to realize that he is the confused one.

I think you must have some rest now. I hope you get better :wink:

Aww, Chewbacca, That’s really sweet of you… thanks.
Sad that this is where we snip the umbilical chord, but all good things come to an end sooner or later, do they not? Ah well… c’est la vie… eh? C’es…Oh before I forget, An apology! I unreservedly, apologies for any misunderstanding that may have arisen, apropos, your/my states of confusion. The root of the misunderstanding, lies in my misreading of your [size=85]

[/size]
All I can say in my own defence, is: In this house, the male human’s female breeding partner, has a penchant for picking up the spectacles closest to hand, whenever she needs the use of them, she doesn’t care whose they are. Neither is she careful with the lenses. Frightful arguments have raged for days on end, over her abuse of the reading aids. She has been seen, wiping the lenses with the corner of her apron. These are the the very same apron corners,with which she also wipes the grease etc., off her hands, in lieu of a more suitable form of ablution.
Not wishing to labour the point, unduly, suffice to say, that, subsequent inspection of my own spectacles revealed glaring evidence of abusive use and inappropriate cleansing. Not wanting to appear smart-arsed, in any way but… the copious amounts of darkish matter, smeared all over the lenses of my specs… well 'nuff said…eh? An unavoidable misunderstanding.

So, here we are, Chewbacca, ‘the parting of the ways’. I shall go and join my cousin Pangur Bán, upon the Astral plane (that’s where we cats go, during our 17hr.+ sleep cycles.), and rest for an hour or so.
Thank you for your concern, Chewbacca. I much appreciate it :wink: gracias.
Adiós mi joven amigo, por ahora

Fluff

Chewbacca,
my young friend, I need you to intercede betwixt Pangur Bán, and my good self.
Pangur Bán is giving me severe earache… severely severe! He’s blaming me, for him not being to get to sleep, because he just can’t get his head around, exactly why I need to rest, when you are the one that is finding the going tiresome :confused:
Please help me, Chewbacca
Your amigo
Fluff

Sent From Pangur Bán’s
Astral iPad

My brain feels like I have been witness to the artistic courtship between a cat and a toaster to the Theme of Star Wars IV while watching Dance Moms with audio only. :wink:

Where is the thread about Pie?

In the sky :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Hilarious Fluff

I thought Lucy was in the Sky… and with diamonds.

I need to quit huffing paint thinner. I could have sworn I just heard the beatles…

Take y’ pick pige :wink: :laughing:

idioms.thefreedictionary.com/pie+in+the+sky
youtube.com/watch?v=eKXfqpg-Q-k
Fluff

That makes sense.

The story on this link speaks for itself…

newyorker.com/online/blogs/b … l?mobify=0

If you think that’s bad, you wouldn’t want to be around if my human, Vic-k, had similar problems with 8.1. The language would be malignant, and the air, toxic blue! :open_mouth:
Fluff

I’m with Charlie on this.

Some years ago I collaborated on writing a book that shall remain nameless, which got published through a commercial publisher. Over 300 illustrations (photos and line art), tables, lists, and so on made the formatting complex. But FrameMaker handled it like a champ and made the writing process about as easy as it could be before Scrivener.

The publisher required that the manuscript be submitted in Microsoft Word. Fortunately, FrameMaker made it easy to convert the manuscript to Word. I even used FM to auto-add the subhead tags the publisher wanted.

When we received the manuscript back from the copyeditor, I first tried making corrections in Word. It was so awful to work with that I ended up copying the changes to FrameMaker, making edits, and re-converting the manuscript to Word for final submission. It saved us days of time, and the publisher never knew.

(Curiously, when I mentioned to the publishers that I hated Word, the they told me they hated Word too! They felt forced into using it by their workflow, and the necessity to use a format that their typesetters, editors, and authors could all use. Yikes.)

Word is going strong, ebook publishing has exploded, yet Adobe lets FrameMaker languish. Thank goodness for Scrivener!