KUDOS -- New Forum Looks Good!

I like your update to the forum. Very nice. I’m sure there will be some warts and wrinkles to work out, but you’ll get there. In the meantime, let me offer you a KUDOS for all your hard work!

JWhitten

4 Likes

Thank you very kindly! It’s always nerve racking to go live with something big like this, especially when you know you’re going to have to brace yourself against a lot of (entirely understandable) resistance to any kind of change whatsoever, let alone an entirely new piece of software. :scream:

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, is this the same forum software they have running at PA? I like their forum (software) and find it very easy to use and get around in.

Do you know offhand? (Just curious)

JWhitten

Sorry, I’m not familiar enough with what that is to recognise it by that abbreviation, but it wouldn’t surprise me. The forum software is called Discourse, and it has quickly become a favourite in recent years. It’s one of the few that bridges the gap between long-form communication, which traditional forums excel at, and modern faster-paced communication mediums. The rise in popularity of those is arguably behind the slow demise of the traditional forum as a discussion medium, but they are also not good at all for either long-form or long-term discussions, where one can readily pull up a conversation from years ago and even contribute new thoughts to it. Most are even deliberately designed to make that difficult or impossible.

2 Likes

Papyrus Author == PA.

I like the format. Thanks for picking it.

JWhitten

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Cannot access old account with old email