Last page missing in compile!

Adding no amount of texts helps. Adding a page break helps, but it adds a blank page to my PDF, which I must manually delete.
This is a HORRIBLE bug. I submitted my book to contests missing most of the final scene!

Sorry to hear that :frowning:

Did you try adding carriage returns ? – Instead of the page break.

yup. that didn’t work either.

Very very weird.
. . . . . . . . .

At least, now you have your full manuscript.
I’m sure if you explain the situation, you’ll be able to resubmit and replace your incomplete version.
:crossed_fingers:

Looks like this bug was first reported a year ago:

Do you get that ?
. . . . . . .
(But that is a windows version bug. Not sure on second thoughts it applies to you.)

As for the bug itself (because we’ve only been trying to find a way around it), it’d be useful to the developers if you could give as much details as possible. Everything and anything by close or by far related to the project that won’t compile properly.
How many pages is the compiled PDF ?
Word count.
How many documents in the draft.
Compile settings.
etc etc

The mac version doesn’t have a % done progress bar, but that user and I are both missing the last page.

260 pages. 46k words. Developers are welcome to contact me.

Send the project, or a stripped down version that still exhibits the bug.

1 Like

That would be a bit premature.
First, just contact them (Bug Reporting) with as much details on your issue as possible.
If they ask for the project (which they most probably will) they will, tho, provide you first with a procedure to make your copyrighted material unreadable.

1 Like

Maybe it’s premature, but it’s an old bug, and Literature & Latte needs examples of it.

1 Like

That’s great advice, thanks! I’ve emailed them.

1 Like

I am sure you can easily understand how one could be uncomfortable with sharing an unscrambled version of the project he/she worked on for so long with complete strangers…

1 Like

Thanks all! I’ve submitted a bug report.

This is a valid concern, and we completely understand when people are reluctant to share their projects.

But rest assured, we’re writers too. We treat all projects we receive as confidential, and discard them when no longer needed.

In all the years I’ve been answering support queries, there are maybe three user projects that I can even remember what they were about. With rare exceptions, it’s just not something we pay attention to while trying to address your issue.

If you do choose to send us a project, please send detailed instructions telling us what the issue is and how to find it. A 100,000 word project with no information other than “weird paragraph breaks” doesn’t really help us much.

Yes, and you can probably understand that the OP can do it or not, scrambled or not. His choice. I have no powers of coercion.

Just to be clear : by no means did I here intend to imply that Literature & Latte’s people should not be trusted.
But rather that it is very possible that some users might be taken aback and made uncomfortable if simply told “send your project”.

2 Likes

Understood. I’m a software developer too, so I’m sure I’ll be able to work with their team regarding whatever they ask. I’ll no doubt create a paired-down version of my manuscript with the minimum to still exhibit the bug.

1 Like