[LH3535] Header and Footer Nonexistent After Compiling

Is anyone else having this issue? When I go to the Page Settings to set up the Headers and Footers, I run into trouble. Setting it up in itself isn’t the problem; I understand where the placeholders go and which ones to use (<$p> for page count, <$projecttitle> for the project title, etc.)…

…but when I compile my project into a PDF and then open it up, there are absolutely no headers or footers to be seen in my document despite my entering the placeholder text into their rightful places!

I don’t believe I am doing anything wrong. Is this a bug? Regardless, I hope that this issue will be resolved soon as compiling has been a bit tedious lately.
Thank you for any help!

Are headers and footers also missing on the second and subsequent pages? Leaving headers and footers blank on first pages is a configurable option.

Katherine

Yes, they are missing on all the pages regardless of whether or not I tick the “blank first page” option. :neutral_face:

Yes, this is definitely a bug and has been filed. Thanks!

Good to know! I appreciate the quick response. :slight_smile:

Checking in on this. I still have this problem, and have updated to latest version. Is this still on list of fixes?

The current set of release notes ([url]Scrivener 3.0 Beta - Release Candidate 10 (Download Links & Change List)]) doesn’t have the bug number in it, so I’m guessing yes.

Bumping this back to top. Compile has stopped including headers and footers when I export to Word. Nothing changed my end – ie it worked one day and then one day it did not. Have checked compile settings in headers and footers, still has text, pagination etc. but headers and footers coming through blank on all pages.
Any ideas appreciated?

I am responding to say that I am also having this issue. I love the potential new placeholder tags in v3, but they are only awesome if they actually show up. :slight_smile: I am compiling to *.docx as well, and nothing I put in the header or footer shows up, period. I hope this is fixed quickly, as these tags (and therefore the functionality I need) doesn’t really exist in 1.9.x.

Normally I wouldn’t care so much when I write novels and such. But right now I’m putting together some curriculum for a training for work, and this is so close to being the perfect tool to do it, IF it works, that right now I wanna cry. The project isn’t due until September, so I’m just cheering on the dev team right now. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

We are working on this, but in the meantime you should be able to get the headers and footers you want if you assign them to the ‘front pages’ rather than the ‘main pages’. Keep in mind that when we do get this fixed that will no longer work :slight_smile: