[LH4098] Style dropdown menu bug

Click on the Arrow beside it, the menu goes down and stays down, like it should.

Click on the TEXT of the dropdown, and it goes down and stays down only as long as you hold it.

The other dropdowns across the editor format menu have similar behavior, EXCEPT if you just click the text, the dropdown behaves as though you clicked the down arrow (it drops down and stays there). Which I think should happen here, but if I just click that text, the dropdown flashes and disappears.

Hi rwfranz,

Are you still experiencing this in the latest Beta? I can no longer reproduce it.

Hi rwfranz,

Are you still experiencing this in the latest Beta? I can no longer reproduce it.

Yes. Still acts the same. The only dropdown that does this is the style dropdown. The others work fine (although the ones on the status bar have other issues; different bug).

And, if you click the little arrow and hold it, the same behavior applies as if you clicked the text. If you just click once on the arrow, the dropdown stays dropped down until you select something or click away from it.

I can confirm this is still happening. I’m also seeing that the current “style” in dropdown will be highlighted (selected?) depending on where in the box you click. Also, at some point of clicking you can get the style dropdown to stay as the other dropdowns do without having to click on the arrow. Looks like a selection bug in the dropdown control for that box.

I just reported this, wasn’t able to find this post of rw’s at the time. Still happening today see https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/lh4098-style-selection-list-behavior-drop-down-box-on-ribbon/47583/1

This has been filed. Thanks.