License manager ended unexpectedly

Well, no, that’s not all I’m speaking of. I can think of several dozen small utilities that do a regular license check off the top of my head. It may not be common, but it’s not unknown. Please don’t put words in my mouth.

Like Microsoft Office?
support.office.com/en-us/articl … 170b1e187e

Katherine

Stopped by to say I updated my system with version 1.9.14.0. The license problem went away and Scrivener uploads quickly now with no other issues. Big thanks for your help.

With version Version: 1.9.15.0 - 13 out 2019, the issue seemed fixed. Last Nov, 2nd suddenly reverted to TRIAL MODE.
Anyone else subjected to this?
AAMP

Hello everyone,
I have also installed the fix and have not gotten the message at startup (for me it was popping up almost every time I opened the program, so this is already a welcome improvement). Additionally, start up was definitely faster with altered exe file than the original exe file.

I am also getting a similar error on Windows 10, but scrivener works in safe mode.
The end of my log has the following.
In safe mode I do not get the QWin32PrintEngine error.

This was working in September and started failing in late October, but from a Windows or Scrivener update or change I cannot say. Is there a fix or update for this?

Debug: No PostScript name for family: “Bahnschrift SemiBold SemiConden”
Critical: QWin32PrintEngine::initialize: OpenPrinter failed (The RPC server is unavailable.)
Critical: QWin32PrintEngine::initialize: OpenPrinter failed (The RPC server is unavailable.)
Debug: Scrivener: loading document ID: 25 : “Lou Pleads His Case”
Debug: Scrivener: loading document ID: 22 : “Operation Santa Claus Day 1”

I got the same threatening message. Did anyone get this problem fixed?

I’ve had the License problem for months, finally got onto this forum… it says earlier that Version: 1.9.14.0 had fixed this… has it broken again?

Since 1.9.16 still has the problem, even after re-installing. sadly, the earlier Dropbox download from page 4 is gone.

This problem really breaks one’s concentration!
“Please enable TLS 1.2 on this machine.”
Like I know how to do that!
I have lost track of how many writing notes I was trying to add to my current project but forgotten by the time I get past this - of course, I do write those by hand first these days, but have lost some anyway. I have started looking for alternative software. Possibly I might just use Scrivener as a just-before-publishing formatter in future - unless I can get this software - which I have paid for - working soon.

I have exported my Scrivener projects to Word ready to junk Scrivener. Clock now ticking…

AndyJ4077a, no solution to the license manager issue (which I hope the Scrivener folks will sort out once Windows v. 3 is finished). I will say that I never updated from v. 1.9.9, even though it asks me to every time I start the program, and I have never gotten a license notification. Maybe because I’m just lucky, maybe because I don’t use Scrivener every day.

Anyway, WRT your needing to add some notes quickly and being stymied by the license problem, before abandoning Scrivener let me suggest you look at Evernote. A basic account is free, and instead of paper you can make quick notes on your Windows computer with the Evernote program, on your mobile device with an app, or any other computer that’s at hand using a browser. Once you’ve got enough notes to make it worthwhile, then on your Windows machine you can copy them into Scrivener, without forgetting anything.