Line Break in Scriptwriting without Elements Menu?

I’m working in a comic script format that separates a single character’s dialogue into separate speech bubbles with an empty line. I’m trying to achieve this by using my Insert > Break > Line Break shortcut (which I changed to Shift + Enter), twice.
But, like with Enter on its own, pressing it on a blank line brings up the Script Element selector. Is there a (keyboard-only) way I can insert line breaks without summoning the Script Element selector?

I believe the problem here is your keyboard shortcut of choice. I tried with Alt+Return (which I think is the default), and was able to insert line breaks within scripting elements.

1 Like

Just tested out switching my shortcut back to Alt+Return and everything worked fine, thank you!
It’d be cool if in the future, scriptwriting could ignore the Line Break shortcut, but I’m just glad it works one way or another. :blush:

1 Like

Just to bring to your attention that even with Alt-Enter as your “official” shortcut for a line-break, Shift-Enter still works in a normal document. (That’s where I got confused and came up with one of my stupidest reply/post ever. (Now deleted) Glad @AmberV intervened…)
In short: you didn’t have to change the shortcut to begin with, is what I am saying.

1 Like