Link to external files

Forgive me if this has been raised before (couldn’t see it anywhere), but it would be really useful if it were possible to link to external files from the binder. I’m particularly thinking of being able to link to OmniOutliner files, which I use for brainstorming. Sure, I can import them into Scrivener as rtf, but how great it would be if I could actually modify them as I go along.

Version 2??

This is precisely what “References” are for, which you will find in the Inspector. True, these references are stored on a document-by-document basis, but if you really want project-level references, just set up a file and put it where you want in the binder, and then drag all references you want into that file’s References table.

I did put a linked-document type in the binder of an unreleased version of Scrivener (between Gold and the new betas), but it was more trouble than it was worth for various boring technical reasons. But sure, I could revisit this for 2.0 in a year or two - until then, though, you can make use of References.

All the best,
Keith

Thanks. References does exactly what I wanted. Another case of my needing to look at the tutorial more carefully.