List All Unique Words?

Is there a way in Scivener to list all unique words in your entire project?

I am working on a huge project that covers all kinds of different subjects and will have many many chapters over several books. I am worried that I may forget certain elements or lose track of them.

I thought a good way to try to keep track of this would be to have a list of all the unique words used in your entire project and have them listed to scan through.

I am new to all this though so maybe there is some easy way to do this I am not thinking of?

I’m not sure if I’m understanding your request and purpose entirely, but it’s possible to get a list of all words used in a document, and sort it by frequency, via Project > Text Statistics. If you select multiple documents in the binder and view them in a Scrivenings session, you can get the statistics for all the loaded documents. (Note that there’s a bug currently preventing this working correctly when a container is selected and its subdocuments viewed in Scrivenings, so you’ll need to ctrl-click or shift-click to actually select the multiple items in the binder to make the text statistics work the way you want it.) So then you’d be able to go through a list of all words used.

It sounds though like you may be looking for something more like keywords, to tag documents with specific elements that you don’t want to lose track of. You can then easily search for documents with the assigned keywords, view associated keyword color chips on the index cards on the corkboard, see all a document’s keywords in the inspector and also keep track of all the keywords in the project. Keywords are discussed in §10.2 in the user manual (under the Help menu), and you may find this post a helpful explanation of how one user tracks characters and locations with keywords–which could be adapted for your particular purposes.

Thanks MM. I have never written a project like this and it is an immense amount of information… I am trying to combine an amount of information equal to a series of non-fiction research books (I have never written a research book before either) with a story to show how all the elements piece together… but there is so much information that I am unsure of how to keep track of it all. This word statistics feature you mention sounds like it could do the trick. Thank you for all the information I will look into it all and test it out.