Macbook or Macbook Pro?

You’re doing this deliberately, aren’t you - to confuse me and make me think I’ve gone senile.

Me too. I loved that thing - well, certain aspects of it. Old as it was it had some of the best games I’ve ever seen, bad graphics and all. Word processing was no picnic, though.

I remember the heartache of typing in a game program that takes an hour or so and then when you’ve done the final line typing in RUN… and it not.

Or loading games from a tape.

I started with a VIC 20. It’s main use was playing Sword of Fargoal.

Auuuuugh! Loading from tape!

Then I had a 64 for a long time, my first real WP was typed in with a peripheral numeric keypad for the machine code. It was a wonderful program, SpeedScript, from Compute!'s Gazette, written by a writer.

Of course, that was when a 10 meg drive was much huger than my whole Mac G5. I have more storage with my little flash drive now.

For those curious about the “stone knives and bearskins” age of home computing:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpeedScript

Ah, Wikipedia.

but the 286 in the closet needs to go to good will.

It still works…

Windows? You kidding me? Ancient DOS code… and HD… what is a Hard Drive?

If memory serves, my very first computer was an Apricot F1. I can’t recall how we parted company though… On topic - I’d go with the MacBook Pro, if only for the keyboard. I’m not at all enamoured with Apple’s latest soft-key offering, and am now searching for a decent replacement for the new iMac’s wireless board. Yes, it’s very pretty, but I don’t get enough tactile feedback from the new style keys.

Dy mean it doesnt feel the same, when you sink your claws in

Foolish mancunian. I don’t have claws, but some of my scales are barbed…

:mrgreen:

oh shit!!!

Me too. Will never forget the day I’d finally saved enough pocket money. Plugged it all in, placed the intro tape in the cassette deck, sat back and watched a screen full of blocks, changing colour to the upbeat tones of the Can Can. Wow, what a day. 8)

WOTNO long legged, jelly thighed, high kicking babes?!! jeeeezz! how much did that cost y`? :confused:

Hi werebear,

You need help! You’re not a well person. But I really admire what you are doing.

I’ve been married for 43 years - everyone of them as a member of staff of one of my wife’s cats. Cleaning, vets, playing, cuddling, patting and hour after hour obliging my cat master or mistress with my lap. Half my bl*%#$@y life wasted in the non-paid job of cat-lover. Completely beyond help. Maybe when I come back I’ll be one. You too?

Apparently lots of writers have cats. Means nothing, of course, but it helps to know that.

:smiley:

Lord Lightning
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:58 am Post subject: Cats
Hi werebear,

[Quote]
“Apparently lots of writers have cats. Means nothing, of course, but it helps to know that.”[end quote]

My Lord Lightning,
At last! Before me lies a golden opportunity, to do something for a man, whos always looking after the interests of the rest of Scriveners crew.

My Lord, a quiet word, if you will: To suggest to this bunch of miscreant cat owning, writers, that it, “Means nothing”, is akin to inviting them all to defecate, in you lap, which, they will, verbally, rest assured.

The ensuing grovelling apology from you, will probably suffice, in assuaging their sense of outrage. :imp:

My Lord,
I am, as always,
Your Servant
Vic

My Lord Lightning,
Twas woefully remiss of me, in my earlier electronic communiqué, not to have introduced you to, Pink, a turpitude marinated, fellow Antipodean.

My Lord, this is Pink.

Pink, Meet LORD Lightning ( y,know! Lord! as in aristocracy! So try and watch you mouth, I know it`s hard for y, but just try).

Your Servant
Vic

Charmed, I’m sure my liege.

I know not what prompts thy man Vic to besmirch my fine name, as genteel a lady you’ll scarce find. No Harpy I.

(I don’t 'arf fancy chaps with long beards 'n all.)

* Aims fair and dainty foot at Vic’s unprotected coddlings *

well…at least it wasnt peppered with, fffing and blinding`.

What on Earth is going on in here?

fldsfslmn,

Do you want the short answer 1500±words?
Or, do you want the long answer NaNo qualifier?
vic

That’s the whole problem. Most of it’s not on (or even from) Earth.