Map Scrivener styles to MMD styles

I compile my project to other formats via MMD. Heading levels 1-4 in MMD come from the folder structure of my project. I would like to map Heading 1 of Scrivener document style to MMD heading 5, and doc Heading 2 to MMD heading 6. How can I do this without splitting my documents?

The best way of doing this would be to edit the compile format and add these styles to the Styles option pane. From there you can add a paragraph prefix/suffix and type in the 5/6 hashes.

You might as well also just call them “Heading 5” and “Heading 6” to avoid confusion, but that’s of course up to you.

1 Like

I created “Heading 5” and “Heading 6” and add paragraph prefixes as you suggested. But in the editor I still only have Heading 1 and Heading 2 available along with Attribution, Caption and so on.

1. How can I associate the styles set in the editor (to individual paragraphs, not the whole document) the compile time styles?
  2. How can I change the styles available in the editor?

It’s purely based upon naming conventions, all you need is matching names in your compile settings and your project for them to match up. To change the names in the project:

1. Open the styles pane with Format â–¸ Style â–¸ Styles Pane.
  2. Find any text using Heading 1 (for example), and you should see it highlight in the pane.
  3. Right-click and select “Redefine Paragraph Style from Selection”.
  4. All you need to do here is change the name to “Heading 5”.

This panel is the best place, in my opinion, to manage styles. You can easily create new ones, modify existing styles, access useful functions from the button beside the + button.